SPFT Local 28 Scholarships:
The SPFT Scholarship Trust Committee offers multiple scholarships to qualified applicants who are senior high students of SPFT members. These awards are presented in the Spring. We also award two $1000 Scholarships through the SPFT Dollars to Scholars program and students are encouraged to complete both the Scholarship Trust Application and the Dollars to Scholars application.
The deadline for 2017 applicants has now passed. New applications will become available in January 2018.
You can get additional information by contacting Julie Hawkins at the SPFT Office: 651.222.7303 or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant must be a certified, tenured, professional member of the Saint Paul Public Schools staff who is currently enrolled in a graduate program or will be enrolled.
- Applications must be completed online and may not deviate from the format provided. In order for your application to be considered, your printed name will serve as your valid signature and date.
For questions, deadlines and applications, contact Ellery Carr at email@example.com.
St. Paul Rotary Annual Teacher of the Year Scholarship
The Rotary Club of Saint Paul has long history of supporting young people through its many activities, such as Camp RYLA, a youth leadership conference, which is held every year and honors young high school leaders throughout the state, and Rotation Forward, which honors hard working middle school students from Saint Paul Public Schools.
Rotary realizes that leadership skills developed in youth are related to the types of teachers that work with students everyday in the classroom. Great teachers have an amazing impact on students and in many instances that impact has made the difference to the entire school. The Saint Paul Rotary “Teacher of the Year Award” is given to pay tribute to a teacher in Saint Paul who has made a difference in some way by exhibiting one or more of the following traits:
- Has demonstrated outstanding performance as a teacher in the education field (K-12).
- Has been recognized as a positive leader in the community.
- Has motivated students to improve the levels of excellence in their performance.
- Has set a good example for others to follow.
The Saint Paul Rotary “Teacher of the Year” will be recognized with a monetary award of $1,000. Nomination information is sent to schools in Saint Paul. Teachers, students, parents, administrators, and community leaders are urged to participate by nominating teachers they think are worthy of recognition.
Rotary Club of Saint Paul
401 N. Robert Street, Suite 150
Saint Paul, MN 55101
Contact Jodi Erickson for an application or with questions at 651.222.2028. Or, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org